Friday, February 25, 2011

Lemon Pepper Shrimp Pasta

This recipe is simple, quick, and delicious, and has become a staple meal in my house:

1lb. medium to large shrimp (I think I buy a bag of 31-40 count)
1 tsp olive oil + more for pasta
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 TBSP lemon juice
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 package Buitoni whole wheat linguini
parsely for garnishing

Heat a grill pan on med-high heat.  Toss shrimp with all other ingredients.  Grill shrimp, 2-3 minutes on each side, so that the shrimp turn pink with some grill marks.  Set aside

Prepare pasta according to package.  It too needs only a few minutes to cook, because it's not hard like other pastas.  But it's one of the few whole wheat pastas I can stomach.

Heat olive oil and garlic in a large saute pan.  Lower the heat, add shrimp and pasta, toss just to coat pasta and heat shrimp.  Don't cook pasta and shrimp too long in saute pan, or it will burn and stick to pan. Garnish with parsley, and enjoy!

Last night I decided I didn't want an extra pan to clean, so I cooked the shrimp in the saute pan.  Grilling the shrimp on a grill pan gives it more flavor.  Next time I'll suck it up and wash an extra pan.  Or if the military would give my husband a moment's rest, I'll make him wash it!

No comments:

Post a Comment